Monday, June 27, 2011

The Spider and the Butterfly

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=185985398096583&set=a.151850394843417.35737.100000553716845&type=1&theater

The Spider and the Butterfly

the space between your fingers varies, yet mine were created to fill them

I may be alone in the world, yet you are in my world.
you are my world
you are in me - I am in you
would you like another clue ?

although the world can be strange and we can be a little weird,
we fell in mutual weirdness that could only be called love.

your declaration of love meant for my ears was drowned out by
the roar of the whisper in mind
the savage tribal drumming of my heart
the celestial hum of my soul

truly, The hardest thing you'll ever do - watch one you love, love someone new

the lesson was learned
the exquisite pleasure of love lasts while it lasts
the candle was burned
the tortuous pain of love remains till you die
the page was turned

I went to question the master...
"Master, I humbly ask you... enlighten on the nature of love."
he bowed and said, "Love is like a butterfly
it goes where it pleases, it delights wherever it goes...
Love is like a butterfly
if one pursues it, it will flutter away
if one sits very peacefully and
has the patience of the garden spider
it may become web entangled
and there it will stay."

he walked to the phonograph
put on a record
and from the speaker music began to play...
"and in the end
the love you take
is equal to the love...you make."

........Mitch Fuqua


No comments:

Post a Comment